Tuesday, July 13, 2010

NYC Day 4

The 4th day was Sunday so we decided to make it a very low key day. I needed low key, by this day my feet were killing me!
We took the Subway to the Ground Zero to see where the World Trade Center was and walked around that for a little while. It was crazy to think that there were 2 huge buildings at the sight. Right now they are building one WTC and it will have fountain to recognize that day. There is a tribute center set up in one of the buildings that was close to the WTC and we were able to go into that. It was very sad to see the quotes from people who were around on that Sept 11, and to watch the videos they had set up. It makes me so mad that someone would do that to our country, but I am so proud that America united after that and I am so grateful for the troops who fought for our freedom.
The WTC is really close to the Hudson River so we walked along the river for a little while and then walked to the Brooklyn Bridge. On the way to the bridge there was a guy selling purses and he had one that I wanted!!! I was so excited, a purse was the main thing I wanted when I came to New York. We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and had pizza at a nice pizzeria there. Then we took the subway back to the hotel.

No comments: