Tuesday, July 13, 2010

NYC Day 6 and 7

***Warning: Long posts! I don't know how to change the order so they are not very organized.***

The 6th was our last site seeing day because we went home early afternoon the next day.
The 6th day we met up with Jay, Shona's cousin, again and he showed us around Central Park. I loved Central Park! I want to go back there as soon as I can. We spent a lot of time in Central Park and I took a ton of pictures so I will post them when I can. We also went to the Lincoln Center, the LDS Manhattan temple (I need to go back so I can do a session there), and The Museum of Natural History (the one filmed in The Night of the Museum).
The temple was cool because it blends in with the city so well, the only thing that really sets it apart it the Angel Moroni on top. It was neat going there. The museum was cool, but there was a lot to it. You would have to spend over a week just in the museum in order to see everything. We got to see quite a bit, but not close to everything.
After the museum we tried to find the restaurant Serendipity 3 because I heard it has really good frozen hot chocolate. Well we walked forever to find it, and then it had a 30 min wait. We didn't have time to wait so I took a picture by it and then we were on our way to BROADWAY!!!
That night we went to see the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway! I loved it! I am so glad we were able to see it. I think I am the only one that felt that way, but I don't care. It was awesome! I loved the theater it was in and I loved...pretty much the whole thing. After the show we walked around Time Square some more. It's a cool sight to see a night so I am glad we were able to experience it.
Then we took our last subway ride back to the hotel and went to bed.
I absolutely loved this trip and can't wait to go back! Luke even said he would like to go back.
Day 7 We went to breakfast, packed up, went to the airport, and then went home. I have never been so sad to leave a vacation before :( I kept thinking we should stay a couple more days, too bad we all had to work when we got back home.
New York, I will be back!

No comments: