Tuesday, July 13, 2010

NYC Day 5

Today we got to see the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, and the Financial District!
We first went to the Financial District and saw the Bowling Green Bull (the one in Hitch), Wall Street, the National Stock Exchange, and Tiffany's. I could handle working in the Financial District one day.
When we were ready to see the Statue of Liberty we got in a really long line and waited for a while, until we got close to the front and realized we had reserved tickets and didn't need to wait in line at all. We were a little upset with ourselves. We took a boat out to Liberty Island and took a tour around the island. We wanted to go into the crown, but those tickets usually sell out 4 months in advanced, luckily we bought our tickets early enough that we at least got to go into the pedestal of the statue. For some reason I always though the Statue of Liberty would be bigger then it was. Don't get me wrong, it is the biggest statue I have ever seen, but I thought it was be a lot bigger. After Liberty Island we went over the Ellis Island and took a tour there. It was really interesting and I was able to find some of my ancestors on the registry.
We spent the majority of the day visiting the 2 islands so by the time we were back in from Ellis Island we were ready to go home and go to bed.

No comments: